I was poking around looking for a blogging site. I logged into one of my old WordPress accounts, and found some sloth videos. The format was more than I was looking for - I just wanted something straightforward and simple. I was reminded of Blogger here, and then that I had a Blogger account. And then I found this old blog!

Ten years (nine years and 11 months)!!

I'd been a junior then a senior in college.

I skimmed some older posts, felt the bittersweet memories of that time and all the untold stories behind the posts, and all the other untold stories.

I often still feel like that person. There is some lingering overlap, but it's been a busy 10 years of growth and of life.

I walked away from the one person who really knew the real me and who rejected me and called me a monster (mom, ouch). I found someone who could see the real me and delight in her - I married him last year and now we are expecting our son.

I've faced demons, learned how to work, grown a home, conquered fears, and found moments of pure love and of pure joy. The smile on my husband's face is everything to me in those moments.

I've also deconstructed myself, transformed, found old versions - and now I'm ready to create.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Autumn Night

I wanted a place to put my writing, pictures and thoughts out there. I hope you enjoy!